Thursday, March 09, 2006

Reality Craze

First of all, I must apologize for my lack of blog presence this week. March 15th is the corporate tax deadline, and for those of you with a calendar handy, that is next week. Need I say more?

Now on to bigger and more important things. Do any of you watch Survivor? I must admit, I am obsessed. I have seen every season except the first (which I have on DVD but have not had a chance to watch yet).

Have you noticed that almost everyone has that one reality show that they never miss? What is it about reality TV that has the whole nation glued to their TV's? It doesn't matter if it is the Apprentice, the Amazing Race, Survivor, or American Idol they are all basically the same. You start out watching for one reason, but eventually you find yourself rooting for one certain person and of course loathing one certain person. It becomes more about the people than the show and that's when you are truly hooked.

On this season I have not yet found the person that I really want to win, but I have discovered the one that I can't stand to watch. His name is Shane. Everything about this man just grates on my nerves. He is rude and obnoxious and he has more mood swings than any woman I have ever met.

One minute he is loving life and has a great alliance and the next minute he hates everyone and wants to go to the merge solo. The other thing that greatly bothers me about this man is his propensity to swear on his son's life. In a game like Survivor you are really shooting yourself in the foot if you swear on anyone's life. If you break your word you look like a schmuck and if you don't you're stuck doing something that may not be in your best interest.

So, my question to you... what is your reality show vice? And do you find yourself loving and/or hating a different character every season?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely Survivor too, although in SA, we're always a season or two behind you.
And I've been known to get addicted to The Apprentice too. Fascinating.

Anonymous said...

My can't miss reality shows are American Idol (love Taylor Hicks) and the Bacholer. Which I am starting to wonder why I even bother, none of the couples ever last longer than a month. Every time a new season rolls around I think, this could be the one, this could the year someone finds true love on a reality show. Give it up! I am weak...weak I tell you!

Jen said...

This season, it's the Apprentice and America's Next Top Model. I just can't seem to get enough of the bitching and catfighting!

Btw, I sent you an email in response to the question you posted on my blog. I hope you got it, and that it answered your question. Good luck!

Ditsy Chick said...

I just bet $10 on the Amazing Race. I don't watch it or anything else that is for adults on TV, but it makes me feel like I am an adult when I know what is going on.

Anonymous said...

A reluctant devotee to American Idol, although to our credit we took last season off. We (my wife first, then me) got sucked into Dancing with the Stars, but I have to say the one show we became totally addicted to was this past summer's Rock Star: INXS.

Damn those reality shows.

Anonymous said...

I'm painfully hooked on Survivor. Haven't missed an episode since the start of the Australia season (and Elisabeth is STILL my favourite!) This season I cant' stand Shane either but in general dislike the entire tribe that he's on. I WAS rooting for Misty, but now I'm rooting for Sally.

I also like The Amazing Race and The Apprentice, but Apprentice is getting a bit old...

By the way I just found you through your comment on Anna Dilemna and I can't believe you only have 20 readers, you're quite entertaining to read. Count me as #21 :)

Unknown said...

Sad to say that I've never seen Survivor. I was addicted to the first season of the Apprentice and the first season of Dancing with the Stars. But normally I can't stand the fighting. Makes me too high strung. Not good right before bed. I prefer dumb sitcoms and shows like Grey's Anatomy.