Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Crib Assembly 101

My first rule of advice... never send an amateur to do a professionals job.

Last night Jake and I decided we were going to put the crib together. Sounds easy enough. When we picked it up from Matt & Danettes we were shown the handy little instructions on the bottom of the board that goes under the mattress.

Looked simple enough and pretty straight forward. So last night, upstairs we go. We pull out those handy instructions and the first thing Jake notices is that there are two support beams to hold the mattress up. We only have one. So we call Danette.

She looks in her basement. No luck. She looks in Bryce's room. No luck. We hang up with her promising to continue looking and get back to me.

So, I call the car dealership that has my jeep thinking maybe we loaded it into the jeep and just never unloaded it. They send someone out to check the back of my jeep. In the time I am waiting I somehow get transferred to someone's voice mail so I hang up.

As I'm getting ready to call back Danette calls. She has spoken to Matt and he only remembers there being one support beam when they took the crib apart. So, I head back upstairs where I discover that in fact there are two support beams, but since the crib had been previously assembled one of them was left attached to the front of the crib so that is why we only had one loose one.

Feeling rather stupid I decide I should at least call back the car dealership. So I do and I play dumb. Oh... it's not in my jeep. Okay, well thank you for looking.

After I get off the phone with them Matt calls. I sheepishly admit to him that no, no parts are missing, we just didn't know where to look. At this point Jake comes back upstairs and within 10 minutes we have the whole crib put together.

Really, just as simple as everyone said it would be.... once we became smarter than the furniture that is!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for a crib! Yeah!