Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And So it Begins...

Right now downtown Des Moines is beginning to take on water.
It is coming up from the storm drains right now and is already knee to waist high for about a block. Later this afternoon they expect the river to leave it's banks and create additional flooding.

The news is saying this could be as bad as the Floods of '93. I live on the OTHER side of this river... hmmm....

If I'm not here for a couple of days assuming I'm staying dry on my side of the lake.... :-)

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

This is CRAZYNESS!

Aunt Becky said...

Stay safe, my people. You can always join me in Illinois!

Anonymous said...

If I could, I would take some of your rain, ok, all of your rain. We haven't had any since Memorial Day. Hope we don't go into a drought like last year. Believe me, the other side of the issue is just as pitiful. Be careful out there!!