Saturday, April 18, 2009

What's with all the songs?

I'm sure most of you have noticed that I have posted an unusually large amount of music posts lately. Music and writing are my out. If I could have done ANYTHING with my life it would have been singing and writing. But alas, I became and accountant. I know... right??

Anyway, for me, music has healing abilities. I don't just listen to the beat, I listen to the words. I try to find the message of the song and when I do, and it helps me, I listen to it over and over and over again.

This is something that I somehow lost when I was with Jake. I don't think in any way it was his fault, it was just one of the things I gave up to be the person I thought I had to be. Well, now that I have a little more time to myself I'm finding myself DYING to write more and also to get a music collection together. The writing will be happening here, and there. (That's code... 10 points if you can figure it out... ;-)

And the music...

Well... I've started my list....
Now all I have to do is get me one of these....

Unfortunately... the list is the cheaper of the two. I've bid on a few on ebay but they all go out of my price range. Because my music is SOO varied and I sway back and forth a lot on what I want to hear I decided I wanted one with a screen so I could find the songs much easier.

So... for now this list will say among all of my other scratch paper notes at work and eventually, hopefully sometime this summer, I will pinch enough pennies and find a good enough deal and one of these will be mine.

So, hopefully that explains the music a little more. I'm guessing you will probably be seeing it around here for awhile. The music and the quotes.

1 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Let me know if you have any questions as you decide. I'm kind of known as an iPod nut - my 80G has almost 10,000 songs now and I can let you know lots of tips and tricks.