Monday, September 19, 2005

Guilt

The white kitten (you know we really need to get names for them) is sick. As I was bathing him this morning two scabs fell off of his back legs and underneath were these big open wounds. They are in his elbow area (I will spare you pictures).

The guilt I feel for letting this happen to him is enormous. Maybe if I would have cleaned him more often, etc. I know that in the long run if my mom and I had not taken care of these babies they would have died. And as it is, the vet doesn't think they are THAT serious. The vet is closed today so I have to take him tomorrow, but they said as long as he is still eating well he should be fine.

After I found the sores I just wrapped him in a towel and sat on the couch crying (maybe it's hormones) but I just kept looking at his innocent little face and saying I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I was supposed to take care of you.

If I am THIS emotional about a cat, people just watch out when I have kids. Someone please smack me if I become one of those mothers that has her kids at the doctor for every little bump and bruise.

In the mean time, we are washing him, and keeping him dry and I will keep you posted as to how the vet visit goes tomorrow.

0 comments: