Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Making Friends

On Monday night I took Jack and Sadie out to let them run around for awhile. The cows were up by the fence because their creep feeder is empty and they were hoping maybe I would notice and feed them. Too bad they don't realize that not all humans mean corn!! Now before you go thinking I'm starving the poor creatures... I did call my mom (who technically OWNS the cows) and tell her.

While we were out there Jack and Sadie would run up to the fence and bark hoping to scare the cows away. Usually this works. However, there was one cow that had decided that if it couldn't have corn maybe it would try puppy. ;-)

Sadie was brave enough to touch it nose to nose before she backed off.

Jack, however... was not nearly so brave. This is as close as he would get before he back off. This shouldn't surprise me though, since this is the dog that is afraid of the vacuum cleaner, and occasionally his own shadow.

See the cow with his tongue sticking out? In Jack's defense that is a very scary cow and he could be trying to eat him!!

0 comments: