Friday, September 30, 2005

Out of Town

Sorry I have not updated lately. I have been out of the office working at a client and so it has left me with little time to update. (Yes, I do most of my website work at work, but in my defense I try very hard only to do it on my lunch hour.)

Anyhow, things with us are doing well. River got new bandages put on on Thursday and they are teal, not the most masculine color, but it is a step up from purple. The doctors say he is healing well and will get to keep his leg, although they can't promise full mobility. They are shooting for one more week of bandages and then he should be done. He, however, has yet to get the memo that he is injured, because he runs and climbs just like the other three.

Speaking of the other three, they now have names. The calico is Annie, as in little orphan Annie, because she has the red face. She continues to improve but still has a slight limp. We are hoping she will outgrow it. The bigger of the two tabbies is now named Angel, although she is anything but. My mom said Angel wasn't a fitting name since she is such a terror, but all that keeps running through my head is those big biker chicks with Angels tattooed on their arm. When I described it to her that way, she said it fit perfectly.

Finally, there is tiger. A friend of mine who used to work with me is going to take him home. They came last night with their 10 year old to visit him and gave him that name. Their other cat is named Lily so they will have Tiger and Lily. Her daughter is SOO excited about this kitten that they are coming to get him on Friday, two days before he is "officially" six weeks. Hopefully we will be able to have him eating solids by then.

As for us, Jake is working on a big shopping center and is finding the days long and hard. Luckily it has been much cooler so he at least doesn't have the heat to worry about. However he is still beat when he comes home so he is usually in bed early. Bow season is also starting this weekend, so between that and his long days I will probably not see him much until January! :-)

As I mentioned before, I have been working at a client all week doing some Quickbooks things for them. It looks like I will be out there at least another week if not two. The timing is not great, as the deadline for extended individual tax returns is October 15th, but we needed to get this done so I had to just pass off my two individuals to other people in the office.

Well, hopefully I will get some more pictures of the cuties taken and posted next week. They are now staying full time at my mom's and I have to admit, Sadie is not the only one who misses them running around the kitchen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear River is doing so much better. And I like the name Annie for my favorite kitten. Sounds like a busy time for both of you. Wow, won't see Jake much till January? Right when tax season takes off.... :(