Monday, October 24, 2005

A Few Rantings...

This post may offend some of you, and for that I am truly sorry. In knowing that, you may be wondering why would I even write it at all, well because I can. That my wonderful people is the beauty of the internet, and of this great thing we call blogging. That does not mean that I do not want people to read our blog. It simply means that I can, and will, write my opinion on the way things are going in our lives.

I try not to drag Jake's and my "dirty laundry" out into the open. I try more to write about our adversities as a couple or about things that are happening. However, in doing that some of you choose to make generalizations and assumptions. Some of you who know what is going on between us automatically assumed that last post was about Jake, or something that he did. Then, those same people did not have the nerve to put their own names on their posts.

Please people, if you are going to comment here, don't hide behind the anonymous entry. If you have the nerve to post it then you should have the nerve to identify yourself. If you don't, then please don't post it here, e-mail it to me. We really do not want any mud slinging on this website. If you still feel the need to post something please know that we reserve the right to delete comments that we feel are inappropriate, or uncalled for.

This is our family's personal website. Another blogger I read wrote something just the other day about this. She writes:


As I take moments to reflect on my life, I am always blown away to know
that there is someone out there who is unable to see past the story I am
telling, like somehow they think I have not moved past that moment of
pain.....

I wonder why they can't see that my stories are just little glimpses into
my life.

And like my words are little glimpses into my life, I would like to think
(hope) that when someone leaves an ignorant or intentionally mean comment here
that their comment represents just a tiny glimpse of the person they really are.

Now, let me clarify one thing, I am not saying that I do not want to hear a difference of opinion. I am as open to discussion as anyone else, in fact I enjoy a good debate once in awhile. However, that said, please keep what you say here limited to ADULT discussion. Please no personal attacks on me, my husband, or other commenters.

Secondly, if you are unsure what a post is about PLEASE do not ASSUME you know. E-mail me and ask for clarification or do so in the comments. Sometimes I am not always that clear on things or I may say something that you construe as something else without meaning to.

That said, I know there are times when I only see little glimpses, I misjudge
and I click send, tailgate, or yell when ten seconds later I completely regret
my impulses. It only takes one impulse and one second to change the direction of
our lives. Our choices really do affect the people around us. You know what I
mean?

So for those of you that I have made assumptions about or have said something without thinking first, please forgive me. A lot of times in the heat of the moment we say things that we may not mean later. Please understand that this website is only a "glimpse" into our lives and should be read as such.

Thank you... and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In light of the deleted comments...
Maybe you need to be more selective on who reads your blog as to ween out those who may not be supportive of you or Jake. On the flipside if you chose to share your blog with people who may shed negitive light on you be prepared for the stone throwing. I find it ironic that the anonymous entries are only posted on a blog that has a personally difficult issue at hand. Do the new and exciting posted blogs not have the anonymous option?

Heather said...

I think Jess makes a very good point. All blogs have the anonymous option, it is just that people choose only to use it when they have something bad to say and they are afraid to say it. If they would have used their names I may have left the comments as they were. However, that said, I also felt that they brought something to this website that I had personally left off because I didn't want there to be any of Jake's and my "dirty laundry" on here. That is the main reason they are gone.