Friday, October 21, 2005

Honesty

Why is it SOO hard for people to be honest with one another? I am probably one of the most honest people that you will meet and so it just BLOWS my mind to see the way other people try to lie and distort the truth.

Here's an example. You do something that you are not so proud of (we have all done it) and then you lie to your spouse, mother, father, friend, etc. about it. They find out. You come clean with them but they are more mad at you for not just coming clean in the first place than they are about the thing that you did.

Then, just for fun, you are still not so proud of this thing so you continue the lie to all of the other people in your life except for the one person you have told making your life a continual juggling act of who did I tell what and when.

Here is my own personal motto. Tell people the truth and let them deal with it. They may not like it, but that is their decision to make, not yours to make for them.

So for all of you out there that I have been blunt with or have told you things that may have upset you. Think of how much more hurt you had been if I had lied to you and then you had found out the truth later. As far as I'm concerned lying gets you know where. All it does is delay the pain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you! That is my favorite trait of yours... I can always count on you for an honest opinion of anything. thank you!

Anonymous said...

What's the old saying "Honesty is the best policy"? Boy, is that ever a lesson I learned the hard way. I agree with reints, that is one of your best traits.

Anonymous said...

In light of the deleted comments...
Maybe you need to be more selective on who reads your blog as to ween out those who may not be supportive of you or Jake. On the flipside if you chose to share your blog with people who may shed negitive light on you be prepared for the stone throwing. I find it ironic that the anonymous entries are only posted on a blog that has a personally difficult issue at hand. Do the new and exciting posted blogs not have the anonymous option?

Heather said...

I think Jess makes a very good point. All blogs have the anonymous option, it is just that people choose only to use it when they have something bad to say and they are afraid to say it. If they would have used their names I may have left the comments as they were. However, that said, I also felt that they brought something to this website that I had personally left off because I didn't want there to be any of Jake's and my "dirty laundry" on here. That is the main reason they are gone.