Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Confessionals

Zack still sleeps in a crib. Granted I took the crib tent off and I lowered the front railing so it only comes up to his waist... but it's still a crib. And if I had my way he would be in that crib forever.

It's not because I'm afraid he'll come in with me, we co-slept for about 3 months when he was really little and then he went back to his bed. He likes his space and I like my space.

No, it's more about keeping him in his bed so he will actually GO to sleep. He is a talker, singer, bouncer at night and during nap times. He can be yawning and rubbing his eyes but he will still sit up there and talk to himself for a good 20 - 30 minutes.

Now imagine if you will, if he could get out of his bed at that time. He would never go to sleep!! :-)

So, for now a crib it is. Do you think his friends will tease him when he has sleep overs??

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

yes I do. I know I like to tease you abot it... but there are lots of things that Zack gave up way sooner than Sam... (the bottle).

I don't think that it is detrimental to his developement that he stays in his crib... but at some point mom, you are going to have to let him grow up... just a little :)

LivingLifeBackwards said...

Nah- nothing wrong with him being in a crib. When he starts crawling out of the crib. that's when it's time to make the switch. Xavier went to a toddler bed around 2.5 years old. He hated it. Never slept in it, he slept on the floor. Just recently we put him in a twin size bed and he LOVES It. he's going to be 4 in a couple months so don't worry!