Friday, September 01, 2006

Ultrasound Friday

This morning we had our 20 week ultrasound. They are not common practice in our doctors office but since we wanted one they obliged. They also told me today that they are going to try to get the insurance company to pay for it, since I'm not gaining any weight, so that would be a double bonus.

Luckily they got us right in at 8:00 and as soon as she put the ultrasound wand to my stomach my eyes started to tear up. I think I cried for the entire 20 minutes that they baby was on the screen. First they started up at the head and starting measuring to make sure everything was the right size and shape.

What? What's that? You're glad that everything looked great but tell you the sex already? Well Geez... just for that.... maybe I won't tell you at all!!

Let's see... Profile picture #1. The head is at the bottom left and the legs are tucked up top to the right.

Profile Picture #2... much the same as #1
Would you stop scrolling down madly. I will tell you when I get around to it!! You're as bad as Jake!!

Is that the boy parts?
No sir that's the cord.
What about that? Is that boy parts?
No sir... still the cord. I'll let you know when we get there...

Here's the face. The head is in the upper left and the one hand is by his head. The body is diagonally down to the right and if you look really close you can see the ribs.
This is supposed to be another picture of the face, but I think it just sort of looks like an alien baby.

The baby did not feel the need to cooperate with this woman's measurements this morning and kept moving all over. At one point the baby was practically standing on its head.

Here are the feet. Yes, that is two feet. The one on the left is a side view of a foot and the one on the right is the bottom of the other foot.

And this sir...

Yes, THAT would be the boy parts!!

So... we are having a wonderful, adorable, little boy!! Whom I'm pretty convinced is practically perfect in every way!! (But I might be a little biased!!)

We got to see him moving all over and we got to see his feet, and his frog legs and his heart just a beating away. 158 beats per minute this morning. We also got to see him swallow and wave his arms around!! I am just smitten!! I'm overwhelmed with emotion right now as I never knew I could love some one SOO much whom I have never met!!

Today, is DEFINITELY a good day!!

7 comments:

lonna said...

Congratulations on a happy ultrasound. I ended up getting two fairly near the end of my pregnancy and they were so exciting. I think that I was about 30 weeks and 34 weeks. At the last one we could actually see Dermot's hair moving in the water. We also have kept a picture of his ultrasound boy parts. I'm going to show it to my class this semester. I'm so happy that things are well with the little one.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! Mother's intuition wins again! I am so happy for you guys! I love the pictures... they are great! Congratulations!

Creative Genius? said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH You are having a little boy!!! WHOO HOO - welcome to the club! I am so happy for your- he is beautiful, simply beautiful!!!

Here's to 20 more wonderful weeks and a quick and painless labor (not to mention an healthy child!!)

WHOO HOO HOO!!! I am so excited!

Tink said...

Oh my God, you're AWFUL. I kept scanning the words to find the sex. LOL.

*Does happy dance* That is such great news! Not that a little girl wouldn't be of course. Congrats. I'm sure he really is perfect in every way. :D

Korin said...

Yippie!! I'm so happyyou had a good healthy happy ultrasound. ANd you'reoging to have a SON! :D

#1 Dancer said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you!! We can have little blogging boys together!!!!
Your pics are really good and really clear. I am wondering if you're getting a Level 2 all the time?? Mine are so fuzzy. Oh, and THAT'S what it's supposed to look like when you have enough fluid in the amniotic sac. My poor boy, I hope he's not claustrophobic.
Sooooo happy for you!! Share names, if you'd like!!

Isabel said...

Hooray for little boys!! Congrats.

(and thanks for sharing the news with us!)