Thursday, October 05, 2006

Theme for the room

Do I have a theme you ask? Ha... do I have a theme... we have had a theme for over a year now. Yeah... I'm a little over prepared. The theme is jungle animals. We picked it when we didn't know if we were going to be able to find out the sex of the baby. Also, we wanted something that could grow with the child.

Originally our idea was to do a mural with jungle animals on the walls BUT now that the developers are getting closer and closer and we don't know how long we are going to be in our house we have decided not to put a bunch of money into a room in a house that may or may not be standing in five years. Good plan huh?

So the colors, even though it's hard to tell in the pictures are actually a dark khaki with a green stripe. MUCH better than the lavender!! The green is sort of "jungly" according to my sister, but the color is called tree tops and since the theme is jungle animals, I guess we picked well.

As for the bedding, it is a set that I found last year on ebay. Unfortunately for us, it is now discontinued so that is the only place to get pieces. Luckily I was prepared and I have all of the essential pieces already. Here is a picture of part of the comforter....

For the walls we are framing these in black frames with white backgrounds and hanging them. They are basically 4.5" tall wall paper stickers.

We also have these

which will be hung on the walls somewhere..... I'm leaving that decision up to the decorator. But let me tell you they are absolutely ADORABLE!!

Now all that we need is to finish with baby showers and get everything put together. Oh yeah... and about a million other things that have nothing to do with his room!! :-)

5 comments:

Isabel said...

I love the little wall sticker things. How cute is all of this!!!

Creative Genius? said...

totally totally cute!!! I love it all!

Lynanne said...

Oh, I love it!!! I've always loved the Noah's Ark animals but I am so tired of the Ark theme itself. Jungle animals is a great idea! I wish we had a baby's room to decorate again. Our next room will be my sons' room when they get booted from their room to make room for their sister and the new lil one. (It sounds cruel but their new room is actually be bigger.)
Anyhow, great choices - I can't wait to see photos of the room when its done!

Tink said...

Ok, that is just too cute. You are WAY more coordinated than I'll ever be. :)

Anonymous said...

I have never seen the theme that you picked out! I really love it! And the colors on the wall will look great with it!