Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Baby's Room

Okay, so we've established that I'm a horrible blogger lately. Can I pacify you with pictures? Well let's just see shall we?? First up... the baby's room.

I didn't take before pictures of the baby's room because... well.... I'm a bad mom and all of such things. However, I do have a picture that was taken in that room about a year ago and that room did not change much over that year, so that will have to do. Notice the large accumulation of baby crap to the right and the junk stacks to the left. All of that junk to the left along with much, much, much more is what I have been putting into totes over the last couple of months and hauling up to the attic. Someday soon I hope to write about that experience....

Do you also notice the lovely color of the walls? See I told you, not a very manly shade of purple... so it had to go!!

And here is the room now.

Obviously the room is no where near finished, which is why I have not posted pictures up until now. The stripe and the woodwork still need some touching up, if I was really ambitious I could have taken a close up picture of that... but that would require me to show off my flaws, and we really don't need that... now do we?

As of right now our last shower is scheduled for November 12th, so our plan is to put the baby's room together sometime after that. We figure waiting till all of the showers are over will let us know what we are working with and that way we will not have to move things around or take things down. I am all about doing things once and only once!! :-)

SO... look for actual nursery pictures sometime in early December. I know it seems like a long ways off... but trust me, 5 months ago I found out I was pregnant and now that seems like yesterday, so it will be here before you know it.

4 comments:

Lynanne said...

Wow, what a difference! The room looks great! Have you decided on a theme?

Anonymous said...

I do like the stripe... I am sure that is will all come together beautifully!

Anonymous said...

WOW I LOVE IT! You will have to give me the name of your designer, she does excellent work. :) I think it is a huge change. It makes your wood work looks so much more awesome. Amazing what some paint can do. I can't wait to gather all of the gifts you get at your showers into the baby's room. It will be just like Christmas. I may have to recruit help from your other interior decorator friend. We could have your nursery whipped up on a potter barn pretty stick in no time!
This is lots of fun!

Tink said...

Do you have a theme? I like the yellow and green much better than the purple! The stripe is a nice touch too. :)