Monday, July 24, 2006

Bad Blogger

Please accept my sincerest apologies for what I can only describe as my BAD blogging lately. I really have no excuses except that every time I think about something good to post about I actually have work to do and then when I get time my brain is all mushy. I have shopping stories to write about from last weekend (yes like over a week ago) and also from last week. However, since no is not going to be the time to blog about them I will tide you over with baby news.

On Thursday I had my 14 week appointment. They said all of my blood tests from last time came back fine. What that means I have no idea because I am a BAD pregnant person and I did not bring a notebook to take notes and make them tell me about every test they did because let's face it... if they say it's fine that's about all of the medical lingo I'm going to understand anyway. I have another appointment in two weeks for an AFP test which tests for Spina Bifida and Down Syndrome and then my regular appointment in four weeks.

For those of you who are going to question my decision to have this test, please know that we did not come to this decision without a little thought. No, the results of the test will not change our outcome but it will help me, super planner that I am, to get the best prenatal care I can and also to be better prepared for what challenges may lie ahead. I want my baby's birthday to be a super joyous day and I think it will put a worry cloud over it if we are not prepared. Nuff said?

The heartbeat was around 148 which just further supports my theory that I'm having a boy!! (I know, it's too early to tell. A girl I work with said her daughter's heartbeat was around 150 so I'm just guessing here.)

Other than that, things are going great and since I have been so sick I have been given permission by my doctor to eat whatever stays down. He said the baby will get what it needs from me so I should just eat what I can. (I know... within limits.) Mmmm... Cheetos!!

2 comments:

toyfoto said...

You're supposed to have a NOTEBOOK?
So that was my problem.

And don't worry, the AFP test is a blood test. No biggie. It's good to know what's going on, and it's even better if there's NOTHING going on. Less worry for mommy.

Tink said...

It's been crazy for everyone lately. And you have even MORE of an excuse for not blogging. I'm glad the blood tests went well! I want some belly pictures soon woman! ;)