Monday, July 31, 2006

Shopping, the final saga of the trilogy

I am happy to report that this final adventure is by far the happiest and the most self-esteem boosting trip. After the bad luck I had the week before when my friend Katie called last Friday and asked if I wanted to go shopping I almost told her no.

Fortunately for her that morning as I was getting dressed I had noticed that my button up shirt was getting a little snug in the waist area. It only had about a quarter of an inch before it would no longer be able to be buttoned. So, I already knew that I would have to do some shopping sometime soon.

I also knew that our budget did not allow for large amounts of clothing. So, I decided I would try to shop the sale racks and get as much for my money as possible. Unfortunately, that didn't go as well as planned. It was just SO nice to find clothes that fit me well and in all the right places that I wanted to buy them. I was also able to fit into mediums which totally boosted my self esteem and only furthered my desire to buy these wonderful clothes!

When the 2 hour shopping excursion was done I did end up going a little over budget, but I figure if I need to, I will pull that money out of savings. Isn't it worth it to have clothes that fit you well and make you feel wonderful??

3 comments:

Tink said...

Absolutely! It's not like you just want NEW clothes. It's that you wont be able to fit in your old ones soon enough. I always feel horrible for those prego women walking around in their guys' sweats and tshirts. I will NOT let you be that girl. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a firm believer in comfortable.
So yeah, it's worth it.

Jen said...

No worries about going over budget! Comfort is absolutely critical for the health and well-being of yourself AND your marriage!