Monday, July 10, 2006

Week End Review

It has been brought to my attention that my absence from this website is very uncharacteristic of me and I have received a few e-mails inquiring as to my safety and health. I'm alive, rest assured. The problem has really been that nothing note worthy has happened to me over these past 10 days.

Of course those things that are note worthy tend to fall into the TMI category. With several of them bordering on TMFI. However, since you all have asked, I’m going to tell. Consider this your warning you may want to just turn off you computer screen now.

Still with me? Alright… don’t say you weren’t warned. First and foremost I have updated the baby’s website. I have this wonderful knack for remembering small meaningless details so I was able to create the back entries without much difficulty. Now ask me about the big important things and I probably have no idea but what did I eat two years ago when I went to the state fair… I could probably tell you.

Now, on to what’s been happening with me. Let’s see on the 30th I was sick. I went on a boat (because no one ever said I was smart) and the rocking back and forth amazingly did not help me to feel any better. That weekend, you guessed it… still feeling crappy. Of course for the weekend I got the added bonus of getting to sit on the toilet the correct way when I was ill. Like I told someone who asked, I’ve been sick every day, it just depends on they day which end is over the toilet. (See… I told you to stop reading about two paragraphs ago!!)

By Monday I had not thrown up in two days and was feeling pretty proud of myself. I was a little tired, but other than that thought that I had made it to 12 weeks and should certainly be feeling a whole lot better soon. Of course the munchkin had his/her own plan about that one. I proceeded to get sick Monday night and continued to go down hill all day Tuesday.

By Tuesday night at 8:00 I could no longer keep anything down. No liquids, no solids, nothing. Since I had eaten and drank so very little anyway all day on Tuesday by the time I went to bed my head was hurting and I knew if I couldn’t get anything down in the morning I would have to call the doctor.

When I woke up on Wednesday I decided to try saltines. One saltine down, one saltine right back up. It was at that point I knew two things. First of all, I wasn’t going to work and second of all if I didn’t call the doctor and get some medicine for this I was going to be in big trouble. I called the doctor’s office at 8:15 but they didn’t call back until 9:30.

Once the nurse heard the problem she said she needed to talk to the doctor and she would call me back. Another 15 minutes later she called and told me she would be calling in a prescription for me. Of course, since I couldn’t keep ANYTHING down they couldn’t give me an oral medicine. What’s that you ask? Yes… you read right. I can’t take it orally dear!!

I could tell that they pharmacy tech was kind of uneasy when she was telling me how to administer the medicine but that that point, I would stick whatever where ever just to be able to eat again. Now see, right about now you’re wishing you had heeded my advice and just stopped reading at the beginning of the story. But you didn’t did you? And now these words will be burned on the back of your eyeballs for months!!

Luckily while the medicine SUCKS to take it works WONDERS!! By 1:00 I was able to eat something and began drinking large quantities of Gatorade to try to replenish electrolytes and get rid of my awful headache. The medicine only has one side effect and that is that it makes you pretty tired. So I slept from 3:00 until 6:30, got up took more medicine, ate and went back to bed at 9:00.

By Thursday I figured my 5 day weekend was probably enough and maybe I should work for two days. Of course since I had been gone for 5 days I had tons of things to get done, hence the reason I wasn’t able to spend all day updating all of you on my condition. I have not had to take more medicine since Wednesday and have been slowly feeling better and better every day.

Today marks the beginning of 13 weeks so maybe I will finally get to start experiencing that wonderful second trimester everyone talks about.

So, there you have it. That is all you missed. Not much huh? You can now return to trying to banish all of those images that I just gave you from your mind!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - my world is balanced now - even though I talk to you all the time... some how if your blog is not updated on a regular basis I am off-kilter!

Creative Genius? said...

Glad to hear you are back online and that things "might" be looking up? Hey I started really feeling better when I felt movement - around the later half of 14 weeks. (I was really sick weeks 6-9 and then really bad headaches weeks 10-15.)

Pretty much from week 16 on I was golden (although still tired as shit). I wish you only good health and a speedy ride to feeling great! I'll mosey onto the baby's website and read more there!

-AL

Anonymous said...

I call those the shitpuking germs and they. are. awful. Just horrible. I cringed my way through this, not because I was grossed out (it takes a helluva lot more than that), but because AH, I just FELT FOR YOU. It's awful. Awful. AWFUL. No one should live that way! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

(separately, I adored Baby Boom. Missed my chance to comment there, but it's one of my favorite movies, ever. EVER.)

Anonymous said...

By Friday she was back to her normal self eating gobs of grease at Arby's and then gobs more of grease at the movie. I can testify to that....Oh wait maybe I was not suppose to tell about all of those, what did you call them again, AH-yes trans fats you were eating. Sorry-I try to keep most of your secrets, some just slip. :) But don't worry I didn't tell about the two pops you had. LOL!
Love ya! :)