Monday, June 25, 2007

Money Management

I received a question today and my guess is if one person asked me, 10 of you are probably thinking it.

The question was, "If you are that BROKE how do you afford to go see Jake and stay in a hotel and go out to eat? That is expensive in itself."

The answer, I have phenomenal parents and I borrow it from them. I try not to buy much that I don't need during the week because I know that I will be spending money when I go to see him. I am keeping a running total of every dime we have borrowed and I fully intend to pay it back but that is how we are doing it.

I try really hard to pay the day to day bills with the money I make, hence the Verizon situation, and I use their money for food, gas, diapers, etc. I think it is very important for Jake and I and Zack to spend some time together as a family before he is thrust back into our lives and that is why I am willing to borrow the money to go down and see him.

However, when I say that we are going "out to eat" I do not mean we are having $50 meals. It is a $20-$25 dollar dinner and lunch at a fast food restaurant. I try not to spend more than I have to when I am down there and especially when I am up here.

I also try to stress to Jake that we will be paying back this money. It is not free to us and therefore we do not get to live like we did before until it is paid back. He seems to understand, we will see if it continues when he returns home.

So there you have it, paying debt with debt. Man this is living isn't it??

1 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Well- you do what you have to do... and I think that you DO have to soend time with him. That is V V important!