Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Don't Think You're Picking Up What I'm Putting Down....

From: titus henry titus_hnry@yahoo.com
To: Me
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:13 AM
Subject: Schwinn 5120.2 Treadmill / Clothes Hanger / Cat Mover - $250

hi, i will like to buy your item. Please, can you let me know the condition of it and how much you want for it.send me pictures of it.

Thanks

*********************
First of all... there are pictures in the ad. Second of all, buy my item? Do you even know what it is you are wanting to buy? But I humor him....

From: Me
Subject: Re: Schwinn 5120.2 Treadmill / Clothes Hanger / Cat Mover - $250
To: titus_hnry@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 11:45 AM

It is in good condition. I barely used it.

I need for you to pick it up and pay for it in person. I am not willing to ship it.

Thank you,
Heather

*****************************

From: titus henry titus_hnry@yahoo.com
To: Me
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:25:53 PM
Subject: Re: Schwinn 5120.2 Treadmill / Clothes Hanger / Cat Mover - $250

Hello, Thanks for your quick response, i am very grateful to read from you. Well I accept your price, but i will like to pay you via a certified check for this item and once you get it clear you ship it to my address.

Thanks---

********************
It is at this point that I loose my patience. I HATE... absolutely HATE scam artists. Which part of this are they missing. Who is still falling for these scams?? Why can't someone stop these people??

From: Me
Subject: Re: Schwinn 5120.2 Treadmill / Clothes Hanger / Cat Mover - $250
To: titus_hnry@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 12:48 PM

Ok, which part of that second sentence did you miss?

I am NOT willing to ship it.

If you want it... you come and get it and pay me for it when you come.

Heather

3 comments:

Lynanne said...

Someday I'll learn to read all the new posts before making stupid comments. $250? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

I'm from a small town so maybe I'm naive... How is that a scam and where do they benefit?

Jill A said...

I am so with you cousin. I hate all the scammers on Craigslist or who send you e-mails that you've won some stupid European lottery. It's all garbage. The other day I even got a scam e-mail from a guy posing as an Iraq war vet who wanted to smuggle money out of the country. I sent him this really nasty e-mail then went to msn and asked them to shut down his e-mail account. I was that mad.

I've found when I'm selling something on Craigslist I just give my phone number. Only people who are truly interested will call and you can get a feel for how serious they are too.