Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude

Every year in Al-anon we have one meeting that is called a gratitude hour. You all go around and say 5 things you are grateful for. I think it's a really cool idea and it really helps you remember what you have to be grateful for.

1) I am grateful for my son. He is the most wonderful person I have ever met and he makes me laugh out loud at least once every day. He is so smart and funny and I can't wait to see the little person he becomes.

2) I am grateful for my family's health. No one is sick this year (aside from the normal colds, thank you daycare) and that is truly something to be grateful for.

3) I am grateful that I have a job that I like that allows me to pay my bills and still have a little left over to go out to eat with some great AA and Al-anon friends every Friday night.

4) I am grateful for the program. Without that I'm not sure where my lie would be but it certainly wouldn't be where it is today.

5) I am grateful for my husband's continued sobriety.

So... what are your five things?

3 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

1) My dad has been sober almost a year, and I'm so grateful.

2) I'm grateful that my husband who works in finance has his job.

3) I'm grateful my husband has worked though his nervous breakdown.

4) I'm grateful for my children, who remind me exactly what is important.

5) I'm grateful that Amelia is coming, giving me the daughter I've always wanted.

LivingLifeBackwards said...

1) I'm grateful for having 3 beautiful healthy children

2) I'm grateful for my baby daddy, without him I'd be in a rubber room

3) I'm grateful for my job

4) I'm grateful for the friends in my life

5) I'm grateful for Zoloft without it I could not be grateful for anything lol

Jessica said...

1) I am most grateful for my husband - celebrating six wonderful years!

2) I am thankful for our family and their health.

3) I am thankful for both my four-legged children.

4) I am extremely thankful for our jobs during this difficult economic time.

5) I am thankful for our friends!