Sunday, April 23, 2006

50/50

Those are our odds of passing this home study. Slightly better than him laughing in our face, but not by leaps and bounds. So... now we wait. Well, that's not entirely true, Jake has to get a drug evaluation (to prove he's still clean and sober) and we both have to get physicals. Then he has to get a couple of reference letters and we have to fill out this big long form about the things on his record and how he has changed his life and why we should be approved, etc., etc.

Then we stuff that all into and envelope and send it off to the state. Then we wait. In 30 to 60 days, (hopefully by July) we will have our answer from the state. If we are approved then we can have the rest of the home study finished in a couple of weeks.

If we aren't (and let's face it there is a 50% chance of that...) then we keep going down the road we are going. If we don't get pregnant in another couple of years we can apply to the state again, since there will have been more time gone by with no incidents, and wait again.

For now, I'm going to try not to think about it and instead take it one day at a time. Today is day 14 of this Clomid cycle so with any luck I will ovulate soon, only hopefully without the pain of last month, and then we will... that's right... wait some more. I'm sensing a trend here, and all that keeps running through my head is a line from Rat Race

It's a race, it's a race... oh I hope I win...

5 comments:

Korin said...

Sorry it has to be so hard and unpredictable. ::hug:: If it makes you feel any better, 50% isn't much different than your odds with treatment like IVF. It's all a freaking crapshoot. ::hug::

OMH said...

Sending you well wishes and my prayers for quick answers!

I wonder if the case worker that is deciding has any incidents in their background that is due to youthful wrong decisions! We all do - you know!

Maybe you will get pregnant and save all the hassels!

Anonymous said...

We have an issue that worries me for our homestudy, and so I know what you're going through (except that we haven't gotten that far yet). I hope that you'll be approved without having to worry about additional time or concerns.

If it makes you feel any better, ovulating this month was much less painful for me. Actually, all the Clomid-induced side effects were better. I hope it's the same for you.

Tink said...

I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for you girl. I keep hoping you'll just up and get prego. No more dice rolling. You deserve to be a Momma.

Jen said...

I'm crossing everything for you, for both the homestudy and this Clomid cycle.