Monday, April 17, 2006

Hello Internet!!

Hello?? Is anyone still out there or have you all given up on me!! It has been a CRAZY 2 weeks, filled with 140 hours at the office, and not much of anything else!! Today, however that will all come to a screeching halt!! YEAH!!

The post office in Des Moines has decided that this year, instead of staying open until midnight, they are closing their doors at 8:30 pm. If people aren't done by then, I guess it is tough luck to them. My day, however, will be ending much sooner. By 5:00 or 5:30 the entire office will be empty, except for one shareholder who will be frantically trying to extend his own return having 3 1/2 hours less to do it in, and we will all be off to our after tax party.

Last year the 15th fell on a Friday so the after tax party was one giant party for employees and spouses. Since it is on a Monday this year, I'm anticipating it will be a little calmer. Either way, I will probably be ready to go to bed by 9:00. My plan for tomorrow, sleep. Then maybe some sleep, and after that... oh yeah, more sleep. Somewhere in there, I also need to get caught up on about 30 blogs, and tell you about our recent happenings!!

I should be back tomorrow or Wednesday. Enjoy your tax day, I know I will!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoooraaayy for you!! Another season successfully completed. Enjoy your zzzzzzzz's.

Finding My New Normal said...

Lucky you! Here in my office, we process the deposits made to annuity IRA's. We will still be working late and burning the midnight oil into tomorrow night because of the late comers. Boo hoo.

Anonymous said...

Congrats for surviving yet another one! I'm still waiting for J to bring ours home for me to sign before popping off to the post office. He didn't do them until today, as their business accountant just finished up the business ones on Saturday--and he had to wait for those to be done before doing ours. As he says "I didn't go to business school to be poor, and I didn't go to law school to pay taxes." Now if only he could figure out why he's gone wrong on both counts...

Anyway, glad to see that you're back!

Tink said...

Welcome back and congrats. Don't get too shnockered. If you do though... BLOG. hehe