Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Working 9 to 5....or not!

A friend of mine wanted to put a post on this site. They wanted to write about this on their blog, but since it is work related were unsure whether it was appropriate. So... I told them they could vent their frustruations here. (Since it is now 13 days to the end of tax season and I'm running VERY short on material!)

So, without further ado....

So, we are actively trying to hire for an open position at my place of employment. I have had several applications and resumes slide across my workspace in the past week and a half, but none that compare to the one that surfaced on my desk today.

How not to fill out an application….

Honesty is a great virtue to have in a potential employee, that is why I have found a candidate who displays this quality to it’s fullest potential: has written bad checks, various times may I add, been caught carrying a weapon, would that be a concealed weapon....and forgery by association, not quite sure on that one, I am still stuck on the weapon thing.

The candidate later states he/she has worked at a fast food chain for 5 months but had to quit because “The hassle trying to work around my injured knee”. Did I mention that our open position involves some labor?

She/he is educated though; she/he went to three highschools and four colleges where she/he proceeded to get C’s and D’s. Educationally cultured or should I say challenged?

Oh, and I have finally arrived to the references section of the application. The first reference is a lawyer that the applicant has known for 20 years. Hope that is not a sign of how long she/he was forging checks with a concealed weapon. The second reference works at a competitor of ours.Do you suppose her/his rehabilitation has begun yet?

3 comments:

Tink said...

We have a winner! LOL.

Lynanne said...

I say call the references …
… for pure entertainment value of course!

I once had a job applicant show up 15 minutes late for a job interview for a professional position dressed in shorts and sandals and chewing gum. Um, no, I didn’t call her for a second interview. Another applicant sent in a list of 10 jobs in 4 years with reasons for leaving such as: “left for a more challenging position” or “found a position better suited to my skills.” She’s probably still seeking a challenging position more suited to her skills. No concealed weapons or bad checks charges though… yikes!

Jen said...

Um, so does that mean he/she doesn't get the job?

;-)