Friday, April 07, 2006

Charting

Here's why I love charting:

You know when you've ovulated. With out a doubt, there is a curve that goes above your baseline and poof... you've ovulated. None of this guessing or waiting around for progesterone results. You also know approximately how good your progesterone level is by how high your temperature goes. So, hearing that I had a good level last week, was not entirely a surprise since I knew my temps were .3 degrees higher than last month.

Now, here's why I hate charting:

You know when your cycle is a bust. You can tell when your temperatures start to fall, as mine did this morning, that the end is near. Before I was charting I could convince myself that the cramps I was feeling could be from pregnancy. After all many people report period like cramps right before they test positive for pregnancy. However, when you are charting you do not get those two extra days of maybe. I know that the twinges I'm getting in my uterus are not from a baby burrowing in for a nice long stay. They are from aunt flow, speeding down the road, knocking over mailboxes and old ladies in her rush to whip into my driveway and ring the bell. I'm back... did you miss me??

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Heather. I know far too well how badly that sucks.