Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Case of the Mondays

Ah crap... it's Tuesday.

Well, I guess that means I just need to go home and start again tomorrow. You think my boss will understand? Yeah, neither do I.

So, our weekend, in a nutshell, busy. On Saturday my aunt got married so we attended her wedding. It was outdoors in the 90 degree heat so it was a little warm. One of the grooms sons (this was a second marriage for both of them) didn't realize that in that kind of heat it is better to eat something than to not, so he ended up sitting down towards the end of the ceremony.

After the ceremony we headed over to the house of one of my Aunt's friends. She lives in a VERY ritzy neighborhood. I think you could fit our house into hers twice. We had two long tables in her sitting/living room area for people to sit and then one table in the kitchen. I think there were around 30 people there and we all sat comfortably.

In my house I think I can sit 10 - 15 if we crowd and a few more if we make them go to the living room and sit. After that we all headed down stairs where she has a pool table and a couple of game tables (Card type games I think... I know NOTHING about these things!!)

Sunday found me in the car for an hour and a half with some other relatives to go visit my cousin for his graduation. And where was my wonderful husband you ask? At home on the couch. On Saturday he told me he had no desire to go and wanted to just stay home. So Sunday morning I didn't even bother to wake him. Of course when I got home Sunday night and told him he missed a good time his excuse was well I told you I would go but you didn't get me up. Very easy to say that after the fact!!

Yesterday was supposed to be my day to finally get caught up on laundry from our vacation and get things picked up around the house. You notice I say supposed to? Yeah, I basically surfed the internet, watched old movies, and took a nap. Very productive don't you think?

3 comments:

Tink said...

A wedding AND a graduation. Geesh girl. You need some detox time. Forget the laundry tonight. Unless that means everyone will have to leave the house naked tomorrow. Put your feet up and relax!

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a 'do nothing' day. Nothing wrong with that. Besides, you know me, I'm a firm believer in naps. All that stuff will get done....whenever.

Anonymous said...

I agree... I need a vacation from my vacation! Traveling 7 hours to and 7 hours home with a one year old is enough to send anyone to a loony bin.. including me!