Wednesday, August 30, 2006

And the OCD sets in....

My morning....

Up at 5:52 to pee. No, I can't wait any longer, yes I know my alarm goes off in less than 1/2 an hour. Yes, this pisses me off...

Alarm goes off at 6:21, hit snooze (I was just out of bed after all...)

Alarm goes off at 6:30, hit snooze

Alarm goes off at 6:39, hit snooze

6:42, alright... I'm getting up already. Stumble down stairs. Undress, weigh self, notice that I have gained a pound. Ponder whether I am okay with this as I get in the shower....

Turn on the water, pull lever to move water to pull down shower head, attempt to drown the gnat, then the other gnat, oh yeah... and that one over there too. (Where the hell did all these little winged creatures come from?)

Put shower head back in holder, begin to wash hair when I notice a moth on the back wall. Ponder for a few seconds whether I am okay with this. Decide I am not as it starts to crawl towards me... attempt to drown the moth.

7:02... finally make it out of the shower, 3 out of 4 bugs successfully annihilated. Head upstairs. While picking out clothes notice that Jake has left a glass and a container from his frozen dinner on the headboard. Pretty sure I'm not okay with this. Decide to empty dishwasher and then come back for them.

Head downstairs. While applying toner and moisturizer to my face solve problem at work. So that account is used for this... and that's why we don't make an adjustment... Ahhh...

Head to kitchen. Get distracted by grocery sacks lying on floor from grocery trip on Saturday. Put away remaining groceries husband promised to put away and has obviously not gotten to. Grab plastic sack to put pop cans in that I had rinsed out. Begin to rinse out the rest of the pop & beer cans that are sitting on the table.

7:20 Jake gets out of the shower. "So what have you accomplished this morning?"

Receive stare of death as he, in his half awake condition, shoves food into a sack for lunch.

7:25.. start emptying dishwasher as Jake enters our ONE bathroom. (Yes, there may have to be a port-a-potty invested in come November or so!!)

7:30... Jake... I need to go to work.... he exits bathroom as I begin to make my lunch. Pack lunch then head to bathroom to curl bangs. Remember that I need to grab my computer, head to living room to get computer. Shut off TV, shut off lamp, feed fish, grab pizza box off of stove to take outside and throw away.

Remember that I didn't brush my teeth. Put computer down, brush teeth, feed other fish, remember that the glass and plastic container are still upstairs on the headboard. Fight HUGE urge to go upstairs and get them as it is now 7:40 and I will be late enough as it is.

Grab lunch, keys, computer, and pizza box. Slip on shoes and notice that there is a cupboard in the kitchen that did not get shut. Head into kitchen, shut cupboard and head to car.

So, how was your morning?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - a bit like yours actually but insert a kid too...

fun fun!

Tink said...

Phew. You did all that BEFORE work? The most I can muster is a shower and a half-assed attempt to find matching clothes! Forget the dishes and groceries. ;)

Lynanne said...

Gee, your morning makes my entire day look entirely uneventful. :)

Can I borrow your cows, BTW? I need them to graze on my lawn. No? Then would your cats come chase away the dust bunnies that my cats keep creating?

OMH said...

Now I'm looking for a play by play of Jake's.

7:00 roll over - scratch butt - go pee
7:10 get in shower
7:20 remind my wife she's wasting time
7:30 leave for work & wonder why the heck she can't make it on time when she gets up earlier than I do.