Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's Over

When the phone rang at 6:57 am this morning I was pretty certian the news wouldn't be good. When I looked at the caller ID and it said that it was my mom I knew I was right.

The only words out of her mouth after I said Hello were, "It's over." I knew what she meant, no more needed to be said. I asked when and she said she got the call at 1:30 am. She was on her way to meet with Denise (his girlfriend) and the funeral director to get the arangements in order. The funeral will either be Saturday or Monday, depending on when my two uncles can make it into town.

Somehow, I'm not sure Christmas will ever be the same for my mom and her brothers and sister.
As for me, I'm sitting in a place of mixed emotion. I know that I will miss my uncle, he was always the jokester at family functions. But at the same time, I saw him on Thanksgiving and I saw how much pain he was in then. No one should have to continue to suffer like that just because it makes the holidays easier for their family if they are in a hospital bed instead of in a cemetary.

Goodbye Clint!! We will all miss you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss! I feel very much like you, no one should have to suffer like he did. He is much more at peace now!
I am here for you!

Ditsy Chick said...

How sad, expecially around the Holidays. I hope your family is doing okay.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this news. At least his suffering is over. Totally agree with Todd, share those Uncle Clint stories and the laughter.