Friday, December 09, 2005

Letter to the Editor

Updated: 12/9/05 10:29 am

Dear Mother Nature:

We get it... it's winter. (Although if you want to be specific the first day of winter is not until the 21st of December... maybe you need to check your calendar again!) Either way, why do you feel that it is necessary to keep driving the point home with 13.5 inches of snow fall? Don't you think 6.5 (which is the average after all) would have been sufficient? Are we that moronic that we need twice the amount of normal snowfall to figure it out?

And while we are on the subject of winter, what in the world is up with the subzero temperatures and all of this wind? This morning when I got up it was -3 degrees. NEGATIVE THREE!! My hair froze as soon as I stepped outside!!

Also, are you aware that Jake is working on a roof? When it is snowing he does not get to work... something about being all wet and on a roof in subzero temperatures. The ice thing tends to make them a little nervous, what with the slipping and the falling and what not. We don't even have life insurance on him yet. Couldn't you at least wait until I have that in place?* Also, when he does not work we have no money, and that just will not do!! How will I be able to pay for my manicures and pedicures and haircuts and expensive designer clothes?**

Sincerely yours,

Heather


*I'm kidding people!! It is a JOKE!! Please don't leave me nasty comments threatening to report me or telling me how awful I am. Or at the very least, if you are going to report me, make sure you get it correct I'm hoping he falls, not trying to push him!!

**Another JOKE!! (You people need to lighten up!!) Besides, those of you who really know me should have spotted this one a mile away! I can't remember when the last time I bought something for myself was, let alone something expensive. Oh wait, I take that back! Two years ago I went into Victoria Secret and bought myself some underwear and a bra. Hey... it was my wedding night!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jeez heather - I thought for sure you of all people would have the Life insurance thing taken care of! ;)

Anonymous said...

Make sure you buy a policy big enough to share the wealth. :)
I know what you mean about the weather though, my poor husband has been working out installing traffic signals 40+ feet in the air. I am frozen just walking to my car let alone if I would have to move my office outside to.

Anonymous said...

It's 75 here in Orlando, I think I'm gonna go to the beach today. You all have fun up there, ya here.