Friday, October 05, 2007

Boring...

Someone informed me that leaving my last post just hanging around was sort of depressing and that they would really like some new content. So sorry to disappoint the masses but right now my life is pretty boring and when it's not boring I'm far to busy to sit down and blog about it.

So, here are some of the highlights:

There is a tax deadline on October 15th. I have no less than 5 returns (some of which are very large) that I still have to prepare and get reviewed and out the door by next Monday.

On Monday Zack was diagnosed with double ear infection. He had a fever all weekend and then had to miss Monday from daycare so I had to take a half a day off to deal with that. He screamed at us for two hours on Monday night but the medicine appeared to be kicking in and on Tuesday night he only screamed for 30 minutes! :-)

Mr. Zackary has also decided to begin army crawling. Well really, it's more of a dragging himself along with his arms but it gets him where he wants to go. This has wreaked havoc on my household. I'm now obsessed with cleaning the floors and picking up everything. It takes a lot of time to be that clean, I don't like it at all.

Since he is on the floor EVERYWHERE now, I am also more conscious of the bug population. Extra fiber aside, I think I might just have a heart attack if he picks up a spider or a cricket or something equally creepy crawly and sticks it in his mouth. So, since the spiders have once again decided that my basement is a prime place to live, which wouldn't bother me so much if they would just STAY there, I had to take an afternoon off on Wednesday to have the exterminator come and once again make my home mostly bug free.

While he was there he felt it necessary to tell me that when he sprayed the outside he chased a lot wolf spiders. Big ugly suckers that don't build webs but instead prefer to just jump on their pray when it goes past. Then when he left he told me to avoid the basement for about 10-15 minutes because he had done A LOT of spraying and probably got a lot of spiders/bugs killed. I promptly packed up and left the house for an hour or so. I don't DO spiders!!

On top of all of this, with any free time I do have in the evenings I am still scanning. I have scanned, and scanned, and scanned and I'm still looking at LOTS of pictures to get done. I was hoping to give my cousins the CD's for Christmas. I need to scan MUCH faster to make that happen.

So there you have it. You have not missed much. Hopefully this weekend will be much calmer and I can get some things done around the house and get caught up. Now I must get to work so that I can try to muddle through some of my last minute taxpayers!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi-
Just to let you know... (and this grosses me out and I'm the one who did it.)
My Mother tells me when I was about 12-14 months old I decided that black crickets were tasty. According to my Dr. at the time I was missing something from my diet and that the crickets replaced that missing whatever. So if Zach does eat them it really is okay. I'm 28 now and I survived... so gross, but okay. Spiders would freak me out though. :)

OMH said...

Oh gosh.....he's mobile your life will NEVER be the same again.

HEHEHEHE - I love army crawlers they are soooooo cute!