Friday, December 26, 2008

Reality Check

Just when I think that the holidays are crazy and perhaps I'd like to just crawl back into bed something happens that reminds me that I have SOOO much to be thankful for.

A guy that I work with lost his grandson on Christmas Eve. He suffered from Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome which requires a series of surgeries to treat. He would have never been cured but his prognosis was looking good and they were gearing up for their next surgery.

Unfortunately he did not make it to his next surgery. He was just shy of his first birthday when, on Wednesday he was playing in his living room and apparently had a heart attack. (The autopsy will confirm this). Either way he arrested in the ambulance on the way to the hospital and they were unable to bring him back.

I get goosebumps any time I think about this and my heart has been heavy since I heard the news on Wednesday afternoon. Please hug your babies and send your thoughts and prayers to this family who will, I'm sure, never be the same again.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so sorry for your co-worker's loss. How devastating.