Friday, March 17, 2006

Blast from the Past

31 days (not counting today) until I am officially free and done with tax season. Bare with me here people will you? Anyhow, since Jake decided to share his germs with me (we need to talk about his sharing of things I do NOT want) I thought I would share something that makes me smile over and over while I feel so crummy. When my children are 18 and tell me they are in love, I think I will have to think twice before I use the "you're so young, you don't know what love is yet" line on them.

This is an e-mail (the only e-mail I've ever gotten from him) that I wrote to Jake and he wrote back to me the week I started college.

Wednesday, August 26, 1998

Here I am: and I miss you

Jake,

Well, here I am. I miss you already and you've only been gone thirty five minutes. Christy isn't back yet so I'm alone. I have a feeling that I may be alone a lot this year. Sweety, I really am scared. I miss you and my room and my animals and just the feeling of safty I got when i was at home.

I hope everything here goes well. I'm not looking forward to an eight o'clock class. Nor am I to being back at school. Do you miss me yet? How is school? Completely boring. Well, I'll write later.

Love you lots and lots and lots!!!!
Heather

His reply:

hey baby I finally got to use the internet they have stupid new rules for the computers this year no email or chating during school.ha ha I don't start until 11:15 so I can write you .I have missed you alot it seems like some thing is missing in my life ever since you left. But I will get over it so what do you whant to do this weekend there is a big concert cumming up it is called budda feast i will see when it is I think I am going to go. I will call you tonight figure out something fun to do for this weekend.Well I got to go babe I love you lots wbslove jake

Yes... it was written in one long run on paragraph.. at the bottom of my e-mail making me think at first that he just hit reply and didn't type anything... but that is why it makes me smile so much. Even after all we've been through the good and the bad, I still come back to this e-mail when we were young and innocent and I smile.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWW... That is so sweet. Remeber... the bad times are what make the good so sweet. ;)

Ditsy Chick said...

That is so cute. You should keep it...