Monday, June 26, 2006

Out of the Darkness

There is a light at the end of the tunnel... I can see it!!

After spending all weekend in bed wishing that I could just be tranquilized and wake up in a few months this morning I woke up and...

I felt pretty much the same. See you thought I was going to say I was miraculously 100% better didn't you? This is not a fairy tale people, this is real life. Get a grip.

I did manage to stomach about half of my breakfast, take my vitamins, and head off to work though. In the skywalk the smell of all the coffee shops about killed me, so I think I will be walking outside from now on.

About 8:30... here is where the miracle happened. I started to feel better. I already felt about 75% better than this weekend but slowly the nausea started to go away. And now...

Can I do a little I don't feel sick jig? Would that be unprofessional?

So, knock on some wood for me would ya? I'm just praying that this good feeling lasts and I can finally get back to my life!!

3 comments:

OMH said...

Oh yeah it will last you will feel great for the rest of your prenancy! Oh yeah this is the real life not a fairy tale.

It will get better - I promise. However, you will probably feel blucky for a while longer. 2 things that help - 1 - AVOID all strong smells and 2 - eat a bunch of really small meals (try to avoid letting your stomach get completely empty)

Lynanne said...

Ugh, I'm having empathetic nausea just reading about yours. :( I won't share my experience because each pregnancy is different (and this was true for me all 3 times)The numbers are in your favor so here's hoping things gradually get easier. :) The smell thing might last your entire pregnancy (minus the nausea). My husband thought it was hilarious that I could tell people apart by their smell (especially him). Do we become part animal or something while we are pregnant? LOL

Anonymous said...

Great to hear your feeling better. Certainly is a step in the right direction.