Thursday, June 22, 2006

To Clean or Not to Clean...

Apparently this is a question that my husband NEVER asks himself!! And if he does, he apparently ALWAYS comes to the conclusion that the later is a better answer than the former.

Case in point. On Sunday night he cooked brauts. On Monday morning this is the state in which I found my kitchen...















Now... bonus points for those of you who can guess how long it stays like this?

Anyone?

Monday night right? Surely he got home from work and cleaned out the pan....

Nope too easy. Okay... then Tuesday. He wouldn't let it sit there for longer than that would he?

Once again... WRONG ANSWER!!

That's right folks... it is now Thursday. THURSDAY!! And my kitchen STILL looks like that!! I am not cleaning it up, on premise alone and the fact that it might make me gag. Please people... I need some ideas here. I can not follow two people around cleaning up after them. I hardly have the strength right now to clean up after myself!!

How do I get him to clean this shit up without seeming bitchy?? Trickery is fine, beating him over the head with a frying pan.... probably not so much!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hunny, it would be GREAT if you would PLEASE clean up your dishes from LAST WEEKEND" Thank you so much!

Either that or Loud sighing works for me.

OMH said...

My daughter piled them all in the shower that her husband uses. He said something to her the next morning as he was getting ready for work and she said "I figured it was the best place - since the water is there and soap - Personally I prefer to do my dishes in the kitchen" and walked off. They were done before he showered!

Lynanne said...

If you get it figured out, let me know :) I'll have to get some photos of what my husband does to my kitchen. He leaves a trail of open cupboards and drawers and dirty dishes so I can see exactly where he's been. I even catch him leaving the refrig door open sometimes. It drives me nuts!

Luckily he reads my blog so all I've had to do lately is threaten to blog about it :)

thisbearbites said...

I would put them in the trucnk of his car. Perchance he has some time during his "busy" day to do a little "Homework".

thisbearbites said...

I just had a sympathy gag moment thinking of how sick those greasy pans would have made me when I was expecting......barf!