Thursday, June 01, 2006

Laundry, Laundry Everywhere

But not a thing to wear!!

Once again last night I choose being a bum over actually getting off the couch and doing anything. How many times can you use the sniff test on an outfit before it is deemed un-wearable? Actually, I've only got about 3 more pairs of underwear left, and I do draw the line there so I think I may have to break down and do something tonight.

Cross your fingers for me that there is nothing too enthralling on TV tonight. I mean last night there was the gameshow marathon, and Dateline's to Catch a predator on at the same time so I flipped back and forth. No time to leave the room when you have to keep flipping the channel.

Did any of you watch either of those? The to catch a predator I had seen before, well not that episode but another one. There are some pretty sick men on there, like the one next week (it's a rerun from two weeks ago) who strips down as soon as he walks in and has brought some cool whip for this 14 year old to do something with a cat. It took me awhile, but I think I have it figured out now. I just had to dig into that deep, dark recess of my mind. YUCK!!

Anyhow, the gameshow marathon was much more light hearted. It made me laugh to see all of these rich celebrities trying to price every day items. There was one woman (I don't remember her name but I know she played the mom in Rat Race) and they asked her if she did the grocery shopping in her house. Yeah right. These people probably haven't been in a grocery store in YEARS!!

Then came Deal or No Deal which you know, I had to watch because this INCREDIBLY FLAMING man in a pink shirt cried no less than three times during this show. Really, sat down on the stage and cried, and then hyperventelated, and then cried some more. So you know, I couldn't just leave the living room to do laundry because what if he fell over and hit his head and I missed it?

Of course after all of that excitement I was just SOO wiped out that I decided I just had to go to bed. I wouldn't have wanted to over extend myself!!

Maybe tonight... then again I do have three more days.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK that is scary... My TV Lineup was the EXACT same thing last night... though I did have to leave the room from time to time to catch a toddler. :)

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm really good at justifying doing nothing. Around my house, I'm called "The Great Procrastinator".

OMH said...

DVR - DVR - DVR. I cannot live without my DVR I can pause my show (watching it live even) and catch up on the commercials. I get lots done doing this like logging into my email - updating my blog - getting something to eat or drink - going to the bathroom. The weird thing is it doesn't seem to work for me to do laundry or wash dishes (my husband is very baffled about this - but hey I say if it ain't broke don't fix it!)

DD said...

I just saw some crazy stat that said somewhere around 75% of people fold their laundry while watching tv. Damn. I hate being part of the majority.

Pioneer Woman said...

I think Deal or No Deal is a CRUEL show. I just can't stand seeing these people's futures flash before their eyes. I get sick when I watch it. I'm hooked.