Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cousins

Is it Wednesday already? Where has my week gone? This weekend I finished up my 70 hour work week and then piled in the car on Sunday to go visit Landen & my sister and Tim too... :-)

It was nice to see them but it made me think about how sad it is that Zack will not get to play with his cousins all the time. I wish they lived closer so we could see them more. Jake's sister also lives far away. Far, FAR away... like Alaska far so we do not get to see her or her boys very often either and we miss them.

It's funny because growing up I only saw my cousins on holiday's and other special occasions like mother's day, father's day, etc. and I didn't know any different. But for some reason, I had just hoped it would be different for Zack.

So that settles it, Lindsay, Tim, Molly, Marshall, you must promptly quit your jobs and move right back here so we can see you more. You get right on that... k?

5 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I do very much cherish the time that we get to spend with Kaden. I love that he is just the right age to be able to play with bothmy boys.

I am sorry that Zack will not have that-- but he is invited over any time!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! Trust me I would in a heart beat! I wish I was there to be able to watch my Zack grow up and for the boys to all play together since they are all 6 months apart! I hate that we are missing all the special times! But give us 2 3/4 years and we will be back in IOWA...I PROMISE!!! I miss you all too and give Jake and ZACK and huge kiss for me...oh yeah and give Jake a nice poke in the RIBS and tell him it's Wednesday! lol...ok well LOVE YOU ALL and I will talk to you soon...
Molly

(P.S....You still working on that paper chain?)

Anonymous said...

The way I thought of it when I was growing up, is you get to see your siblings all the time, cousins are for special times. That's how we tell our kids it is too when they ask why they can't see their cousins as much as their siblings. Just a thought...

Amanda said...

Awww....was the weekend visit with your sis and the baby just great? I hope she is doing better and I'm sure Landen is cute as can be!

Unknown said...

Hey cuz! Don't you remember the weeks we used to spend together in the summer? My mom hated sending me to your place because I "always came back with Heather's mouth". Haha! And remember the time we let Jill fall on her head!?! LOL!

We did have some great times! Hopefully when Lindsay's done with her schoolin' she can come back closer and Zack and Landon can be best buds.

Laura