Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

My sister continues to bleed.

The did a D&C to try to figure out if perhaps she had some remaining parts of the placenta still inside her.

They gave her two units of blood during surgery and she is now back in her room trying to rest.

They still have no idea why she is bleeding.

They put her back on pitocin to try to get her uterus to contract down and stop the bleeding. They think perhaps her contractions were not strong enough to do that on their own.

They said they are going to monitor her for the next 12 hours and make a decision then as to whether she is getting better or a hysterectomy is necessary.

My heart hurts for her. I am sick with worry and want to jump in my car and go to her but I know that will not help her. She just needs to rest now.

I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am thinking of your sister... I had that problem, so hopefully it will all be okay, I know how scary it is.

OMH said...

I'm praying! Here's a big hug to you and her.