Friday, October 17, 2008

On the Mend

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes. My sister is doing MUCH better. I got to talk to her last night and she sounded exactly how a person should sound after having a baby. Running on adrenaline and head over heals in love with her little guy.

They said the combination of the D & C and the pitocin has gotten her bleeding down to what they consider "normal" but because of her ordeal she has earned herself a free pass to at least one, if not two, extra days in the hospital.

It's funny, people have babies all the time and you just think of it as, oh she had a baby. You forget that people used to DIE while giving birth, and some still do. Life is truly a miracle.

Now bring on the road trip. My project at work is winding to a close, and I need me some baby squishing!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is great news! I worried and wondered about her all night last night!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh I am so glad to hear that she is recovering well.... and able to love on her son like she wants to!

Danette said...

Great news, God answers so many prayers & we are thinkful.

Aunt Becky said...

*phew*

So glad to hear it.

OMH said...

Praise God! Your right we all think "Oh she just had a baby" and it is still such a high risk thing for both mom and baby.

Let the squishing begin!