Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cleaning Poem

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'puttering',
And I had to answer "yes."

He told me to get off my butt
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work...
I didn't mean to 'click.'

But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site
That I got SO way into...
I was into it all night.<>

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess...
While I sit here on my hiney.

-Unknown (sent to me in e-mail)

3 comments:

Ditsy Chick said...

Why don't houses clean themselves, the unmitigated gall!

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, I can relate. I am really good at justifying doing nothing.

su an said...

Re: computer ME TOO! But visiting gym everyday to heal up said hiney and feet collapsed from disuse or sudden overuse, and for family, friends, granddaughter, Holy Spirit and communication with someone with such a post, I too will clean once a week on a sunny day and things looking up!THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS!