Friday, January 13, 2006

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Last night I stopped by Jake's dad's house. While I was there Jake's future step-niece, if things continue to work out, (are you scratching your head, okay, here's the LONG version, Jake's Dad's, Girlfriends, daughter's, daughter. Told you the first one was easier) came up to talk to me. I was wearing my Columbia coat (because it is winter, and I'm under this fantasy that if I continue to wear it maybe it will get cold outside). This coat has a pair of gloves in each of the front pockets.

She patted my coat in the front and said, "Are you going to have a baby?"

I proceeded to lift up my coat and explain to her that no, I was not going to have a baby.

Maybe I need to get back to that New Year's Resolution!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't Kids great? :( I just cannot WAIT till Henry starts in with the Severe HONESTY....

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...Once upon a time I was babysitting my cousin, we had just finished swimming and I was getting dressed. Just as I was about to put my shirt on, Mercedes looks at my like I am some kind of science specimen and says... "Your tummy is way bigger than mommies"
Keeping in mind that my aunt is no more than 130 pounds and in tip top shape, just did not seem to make me feel any better.

Ditsy Chick said...

No, you should only be concerned if someone says that and you don't have your coat on.