Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Iowa Blogger Bash

Wow, it has been five days since I have posted last. What is wrong with me? I think this is a new record. Oh, wait... it's TAX SEASON, yes, now I see the problem. I come to work at 7:30, I leave work at 7:30, doesn't leave much time for anything. YUCK!!

Anyhow, I found out about the Iowa Blogger Bash this weekend from Brent's website. At first I thought, wow, I could go to this and meet other bloggers from Iowa. Then I noticed that Joe is the one putting together the Iowa Blogger Bash. Well, scratch that off my to do list.

There are two main reasons I will not be attending this year's Iowa Blogger bash and Joe is the first one. What's my beef with Joe you ask? Absolutely nothing. However, I do not, in ANY way want him to know about this website. As far as he is concerned I do not blog, do not read blogs, and am naive to the whole concept. I think it needs to stay that way. I can not go into exact details, although I'm sure with some mild creative thinking on your part you can probably figure it out.

The second reason that I will not be attending is because WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?? Maybe it is just the people that read his website, and therefore are more technical but these people are geeks. I know, it's not nice to judge, but really, most of their blogs are "technical" or "legal" blogs. Now, I realize that to blog on the internet, all of us have to have at least a little bit of geek in us, but I think these people take it to the extreme. If I'm going to hang out with a lot of bloggers, I want them to be bloggers that blog about their lives and have interesting stories to tell. Maybe it's just me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, when is the Heather Hamilton Blogging Convention?

Anonymous said...

OMG... Wouldn't Joe Just shit his pants if you walked in! HAHA!!

Anonymous said...

I hope that there is no way for Joe to tell that you linked to his website from yours?

Tink said...

"If I'm going to hang out with a lot of bloggers, I want them to be bloggers that blog about their lives and have interesting stories to tell." Right on! I think they should include that on the flyer. Along with: No nerds need apply. Unless you're funny nerds. Funny nerds are OK. ;)

Unknown said...

Well, I'd come to a HH Blogger Conv. but since I live many many miles away? not going to happen. And who reads all those technical blogs anyway?

Ditsy Chick said...

This infers there is a blogger class system and we are blogger snobs....hmmm, never really thought about it before. I agree, if you don't have anything in common with them now, it could only get worse in person.