Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Jeep

I think I'm going to cry. No really this just SUCKS!! I talked to the repair guy just now (actually he called and left a message on Jake's cell phone this morning but it is dead because he didn't put in on the charger like I told him to and the guy didn't have any other number because Jake INSISTED that he would answer... story for another day) and apparently the radiator was the problem that blew the head gasket.

SOO... if they put it all back together then it will probably happen again. To prevent this it will cost us ANOTHER $300!! Our grand total is now up to $1,300 people. I'm thinking this vacation thing is definitely looking like a long shot. AND, to top it all off, my friend who works at the car dealership told me that the mechanic told her that the jeep is not in very good shape to begin with and that he wouldn't sink a bunch more money into it, he would just get rid of it.

How the hell are we supposed to do that? We just bought it in April!! We have a four year loan on it!! Let me repeat... WE STILL OWE MONEY!!

(Please people, no wise cracks about how we shouldn't have bought a jeep, I have one and I love it. Not to mention... I'm low enough all ready, don't make it worse!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh... you all(Jake)seem to have the most trouble with vehicles!

How many has he owned in the last 5 years?

I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jake and men in general should learn to take better care of their toys. Notice woman usually don't have these problems because (A) we listen to our toys and take them to the doctor as soon as we notice they are not feeling well, and (B) we take care of things: we bath them, clean them, pet them, protect them, need I go on!

Sorry Hun!