Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Thoughts

I haven't slept well in a week. I lay down, I close my eyes, I drift off but my brain... it NEVER shuts up. I have seen 2 AM so often this week it's not even funny. In fact this is getting damn ridiculous. Every night with the dreaming and the nightmares. Give it a rest already... really... isn't that what sleep is supposed to be?? Restful??

My new bed arrives on Friday and the wonderful Jessica has once again agreed to be my decorating extraordinaire. I'm hoping that with a new bed and a new look my room will once again become a place of rest and not a place of unrest.

So tell me dear Internets.... in your most admirable psycho babble.... do you think this will go away? Will I eventually sleep again? (Keep in mind if you tell me know I may have to hunt you down..... and I mean that in the nicest, most loving way possible... really.... :-)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

We should talk at 2a.m. I get up to pee at 1 and am usually still up at 2! Saturday night you'll sleep b/c you'll be so exhausted from the rockin state fair and tryin to pull me off the butter cow!

Jennifer B. said...

I have some thoughts on this...I have suffered through the bad dreams off and on for 2 years. Yes, they do get better and less frequent. Recently I was having dreams where I was SO angry at S. My therapist suggested that it seemed like anger was an emotion I wasn't very comfortable with when awake (which is true - I usually figure what's the point in letting the anger run - it does no good) and that because the anger WAS there it had to be thought through SOMETIME - and that was while I was sleeping. I think you read my angry blog posting awhile back? It really helped my dreams to private spew my anger and rage.

Anonymous said...

They say time heals all wounds so with time I’m sure you will get your needed rest. So just be patient and things will work out for you! Easier said than done but you seem like a strong person, after all you are from Iowa and us Iowa farm girls are tough!!! I do live in Missouri now and I too am going to go to the fair on Saturday so maybe in all those thousands of people, we too may pass each other. Hang in there! Hope your sister is doing better, I haven’t seen anything on her blog for a couple days.

Anonymous said...

U haven't written over there...

Anonymous said...

How are you sleeping now with a new bed?

Jill A said...

While I've never had many issues with sleeping, I do have nightmares. Here are the things I believe affect my ability to sleep well: 1. the amount of exercise I get. My body is better able to realign and adjust when I've been active. 2. I spray my pillow with the aromatherapy "sleep" flavor or "stress" flavor of Bath and Body Works linen sprays. Heavenly and it seems to keep the bad dreams at bay. 3. The kinds of foods I consume during the day affect my ability to sleep at night. Don't eat garbage. 4. I set aside 10-30 minutes each night to lay in bed and read a few pages in a book. It is a nice quiet time, I flip over and turn out the light when I get sleepy and it takes my mind off whatever happened that day.