Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Talks

It is 6 am. As soon as my eyes open, my brain starts. This is ALWAYS how it has been for me but obviously I've never been with anyone who's brain works the same way.

M: Where are you going? Didn't you sleep at all?

Me: How are you functioning at this hour? Doesn't your brain ever sleep?

M: Nope

Me: It is exhausting dating someone who's brain works like mine.....

********************************
Discussing the skyscraper ride of DEATH at the fair:

My Dad: Sometimes you just have to live life. Just do it.

M: He's not really helping your cause is he?

Me: You exhaust me.

My Mom: Why? Because you are finally with someone who might actually win in an argument?

Me: Something like that.

*****************************
The meeting of the parents went well. I'm not sure what I was expecting. It was just a couple of hours at the fair but a good first start.
My mom's words were he seems nice.
I guess that's all I can ask for. :-)

4 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

So did you GO on this ride? I hope so!

Heather said...

HELL NO!! I walked up to it once, chickened out, went away built up my courage and then went back but I couldn't do it. I was SURE I would throw up and then I would feel awful the rest of the day.

Maybe next year!! :-)

erica said...

glad to hear the meeting went well and maybe he isn't so imaginary... at least i hope those aren't just the voices in your head talking ;)

Aunt Becky said...

"nice" is a perfect way to describe him. I like him already.