Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hobo Present

UPDATE: At the end

On Friday I bought a gift for my sister-in-law and her husband. (Hi guys... yes you are getting a gift, if I can figure out how to get it to you.) On Sunday I wrapped this gift, complete with bow and everything (I got a little wrapped up in the holiday spirit). Now the problem becomes how do I get it to them?

This morning I found a box to put it in. My first thought was that I would just wrap brown packaging tape around the box to block out the words and then mail it to them. However, my first pass around the box proved that idea unsuccessful. You could still see right through the tape if you looked and considering the box I picked was my digital camera box, some wonderful person would probably see it and walk off with it before it ever made it to Molly and Marshall. (No guys, I did not get you a digital camera, so before you unwrap this gift and get all excited let me burst your bubble. We love ya... just not $200 worth of love!!)

Therefore, my next idea became wrapping paper. I was going to turn wrapping paper inside out and mail it that way. That may be what I end up doing, although I have a feeling it won't be very pretty if I do it that way. Wrapping paper is so thin that I will still have to wrap it in packaging tape to keep it from ripping. Poor Molly is going to open her mailbox to find a package that looks like something a hobo threw out!! :-(

So, in a latch ditch effort to save face (or package in this case) I have decided that I would like to wrap it in that brown packaging paper. My only problem: where in the hell do I buy that stuff?

UPDATE: My wonderful friend Jessica has assured me that if I go to the post office with my wonderfully wrapped present, they should have an appropriately sized USPS box for me to ship it in. I think given my other options, this might just be my best. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say smart? I think you forgot to mention smart!!

You let me know how it goes for you at the Altoona Post Office. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised on just how easy it is!

Anonymous said...

Yep - that is smart... I would not have thought to go there of all places? :) Heather... you are silly.

I thought Molly and hubby were back in town? Where are they living now?

Heather said...

Molly and Marshall live in Idaho. They were just here visiting, but left on the 18th. They will probably not be back again until after the baby is born.