Thursday, November 10, 2005

Merry Christmas!!

Have a holly jolly Christmas, it's the best time of the year!! I don't know if they'll be snow......

What? What's that? It's not Christmas? Well you could have fooled the HELL out of me!! Is it just me or is the commercialization of Christmas moving it earlier and earlier every year? It wasn't even one day into November and the people were already hanging the Christmas decorations downtown. There are Christmas trees in the kaleidoscope and it is only the 10th of November!!

Every night when I watch TV I see commercials for Toys R Us. They are advertising their Big Toy Book for Christmas shopping. CHRISTMAS SHOPPING?? In NOVEMBER?? Yesterday I called my friend and when I enquired what she was up to she said she was wrapping presents.

Oh is it someone's birthday?

No, I'm just wrapping the Christmas presents I have.

Who buys Christmas presents this early?? What happened to kicking off the holiday season with a mad 6:00 am dash to your favorite store on the day after Thanksgiving? I for one am boycotting. I refuse to think about or talk about Christmas Shopping for AT LEAST another two weeks. Heck, who am I kidding, I will probably be the one out on Christmas Eve night trying to get that last minute present. After all isn't that half of the fun?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a BAH Humbug! Thanksgiving who? I was in Kohls last week and they were blaring xmas songs... ang hanging up their ornaments...

I have bought a gift here and there, but I am NOT WRAPPING THEM YET. Though I do not have kids old enough to find them yet... that may change too- give me a few years.

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I refuse to even think about it at all until at least Thanksgiving. I pass a house on my way home from work that had all his Christmas decorations up and ON around his house, including the candy canes that line the sidewalk, the weekend after Halloween. Call me a scrooge but this is ridiculous!

Ditsy Chick said...

Yes, you can hear the desperate cries of retailers everywhere, "come spend money, it is almost Christmas..." I am surprised, at this point, that they even take the decorations down or turn off the music. We were at the mall in Phoenix yesterday and it is decked out for the holidays.

Thanks for the comment on my site, as well. Glad you like it.