Thursday, November 03, 2005

Schmuck

Today, I feel like a schmuck. I went to lunch with a friend of mine at Subway. I went to pay for my food and the total came to $4.95. I handed this woman a $10 and she proceeded to give me $15.05 as change. I noticed it immediately as she handed me the three fives yet I did nothing. For a brief moment I was dumbfounded. Did I just do what I think I did? Where is my conscience? It was so busy that I was pushed out of the way rather quickly and the whole time I was filling up my cup I was thinking I should give back the $10. I should just walk up to her and say ma'am. I think I only gave you a $10. But did I? NOO!! I just looked at my feet and walked away.

Guilt is eating me, just enough to feel bad about it, but not enough to walk back to Subway and return the $10. Such a Schmuck!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shoudl walk it back... Iwould have to! I would not be able to sleep that night if I didn't... not to make you feel bad... HAHA