Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Mmm... Tastes Like Chicken

This weekend we discovered that even without a mom to teach them, the kittens are still carnivores at heart. When I went to visit on Saturday I took one of my chicken fingers from BK and broke it up into pieces....

It continued this way through about half of my lunch. I think between the three of them they ate three or four chicken strips. What I didn't get a picture of, and what was perhaps the funniest part, was their reaction to eachother as they were eating. If one of the other kittens would get close they would growl and bat at the other one. However when I put my hand down there no sound was uttered. It was almost as if they knew, hey she's bigger than me. If she wants the chicken back, let her have the chicken back.

Of course after they ate, they had to wash their paws and faces. Always the lady, Annie ate daintily and then was the first to begin "cleaning up."


















I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but Angel is actually turning out to be calico. Every time I see her she has more and more red in her.


Today when my mom called to give me an update on my uncle (not good, but a story for another day) she mentioned that this morning she gave them the bone out of the roast. She said that they chewed on it all morning and didn't once fight with eachother.

She seems to think that Angel and Annie need to have kittens to learn how to hunt, but I think if we just keep giving them meat and a mouse and bird here and there they may learn it all on their own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loce the pictures of them cleaning thier paws! SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

or LOVE... Maybe I should look at my comments before I post them??

Anonymous said...

They are all getting so big! My favorite, Annie sure is turning into a pretty little girl. You aren't spoiling them, are you? ;)