Monday, November 07, 2005

Now Hiring??

This weekend I was discussing medical school with my sister. (I know, freakishly smart isn't she?) We were discussing her classes and such and she was telling me that right now they are learning how to tell if there is disfunction in someone's back and how to fix it.

She is going to D.O. school, not M.D. school (and since she doesn't have a blog I get to steal all of her good stories) so they learn how to "adjust" people as well as treat them medically. She was telling me that they practice all of their adjustments on other students. (They always have a "real" doctor standing by in case they pop something out of place.)

So, hearing this, I, and the other members of my family, inquired as to whether they practice ALL of their procedures on eachother. Apparently this is the case until they get to the more "intimate" procedures.

So what do they do then? They hire someone. That's right, they hire a man to stand naked and be groped by a couple hundred medical students. How do they advertise for that?

WANTED:
Male person to practice prostate exams on.
Requirements:
Outgoing personality as you will be "violated" by several hundred medical students
Ability to "control" your male parts in awkward situations
Please call 1-800-FEEL ME UP

Of course one of the other questions that came up was do you think it would be a gay man? We quickly came to the logical answer that it wouldn't matter. There are both men and women in this class so either way he'd be happy 50% of the time!!

2 comments:

Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

Hello Heather
I just stumbled across your blog - what I great medical story, thank you for sharing! I forwarded to my boss, she loves stuff like this. Great blog, too.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You make me Laugh!!!