Friday, November 04, 2005

Husband for Sale

only 50 cents....

Sorry, the words to a very old Mary-Kate and Ashley Olson song are running through my head right now... must... make... it... stop....

Anyhow, he's not for sale anymore. Only for about 15 minutes last night. You see, last night I went for an extreme makeover at Jess's house. She attempted to show me how to do my hair and makeup. (I will post about it a little later.) As I was getting ready to leave I got a call from Jake.

"Are you on your way home?"

"Yeah, I'm just getting ready to walk out the door. Why?"

"I need your help."

All kinds of alarms are going off in my head. "With what?"

"Your cat got out and he won't come to me."

"He did what?" At this point I'm becoming slightly hysterical.

"The door was open and he went out onto the back porch and when I saw him and tried to get him to go back inside he ran off into the trees."

"I'll be there in two minutes. If you loose my cat..." The phone is dead, he has already hung up.

At this point I grabbed the left over pizza and hurried out to my car. I pulled into Danette's driveway long enough for her to jump out of the car and then I was off. When I got home I didn't see him, so I thought maybe he had got him back into the house. Oh no!!

Lex had run into the trees and he had NO idea where he was!! All that kept going through my head was if I don't find him in 5 minutes I'm calling everyone I know with flashlights!! As it was I just had ours and was having NO luck. Plus the dogs were still outside so they were barking and whining and the cats were following me over to the trees. (Squeak and Mouse, the outside cats that he neither knows nor likes.)

I think there was lots of me screaming at the dogs to SHUT UP, and screaming at Jake to get those stupid cats inside and in kennels so they didn't scare Lex more than he already was. Finally Jake saw him. He had heard my voice and run out of the trees and towards the front of our house. Of course it was dark, and he was scared so he didn't come to me right away either.

The first time I tried to get up next to him he darted a little farther into the grass. I yelled to Jake to get up onto the road in case he ran that way he could stop traffic. Then I got on my hands and knees (I must have been quite a sight all dolled up and crawling through our front yard) and slowly crawled towards him, talking to him the whole time.

When I got up next to him he smelled my hand and seemed to realize it was me. I went to grab him and he started to take off, but by that point I had skin and I was not letting go!! He struggled a little the whole time I was carrying him inside and then once we got in he sort of "hugged" me before I put him down. After that he just laid in the middle of the living room staring like, oh my life is SOO rough.

Maybe next time he won't go exploring places he doesn't know... in the DARK!!

Later on, we were lying in bed and he came up to lay with us. Jake looks at me, and then looks at him and says, "You love that cat more than me."

"It depends on the day"

;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! Poor LEX!! Glad to hear it had a happy ending!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yea, some days are like that.