Friday, November 16, 2007

Gratitude Hour

Whew… I got in just under the wire on this one didn't I? You all probably thought I wasn't going to post today but I am true to my Nablomopo intentions so I'm sliding in with one hour and 20 minutes to spare!! :-)

Tonight Jake and I went to a joint Al-anon and AA meeting. The meeting is one they hold every year on the Friday before Thanksgiving and it is called Gratitude Hour. Basically what we did is everyone went around the room and talked a little bit about what they were grateful for.

Since it is so late and since I'm not sure what else I can write about before I fall asleep in front of the computer I'm going to post a little of what I'm grateful for here:

I am grateful for my son and that he is healthy and happy

I am grateful that Jake is sober and can be a productive member of our family

I am grateful that Jake was able to take the time he needed to get sober

I am grateful for all of our friends and family who stepped in and helped Zack and I out while Jake was away

I am grateful for all of you who have been such a strong support system to me

I am grateful for five am wake up calls because it means that my son is healthy and happy and ready for his day

I am even more grateful when he will take his binkie back and go to sleep for just another hour... please!!

I am grateful for my sons screaming because it means that I am able to hear him

I am grateful for my tired legs because it means I have been able to walk

I could go on and on. I have so much to be grateful for this holiday season and so I want to try to spend the next week thinking about what I do have instead of what I don't have. Because really you never know what you have until it is taken from you.

0 comments: