Wednesday, November 28, 2007

S.A.D.

The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting longer and as the darkness settles in I find my mood getting darker along with it. I suppose some could call it Seasonal Affective Disorder (S.A.D.) but seeing as how I am a person who is grossly opposed to labels and medicines for such labels, I choose to just call it a funk.

If I really examine it I'm guessing that this year my "funk" has more to do with the fact that tax season is quickly approaching and less to do with the actual changing of the seasons. Zack is soon to be a year old (I tear up just writing that) and I'm going into my busiest time.

I'm going to have to begin working 60 hours per week which means that I am going to be missing all of those little moments that I love so much. Even though it's only for three and a half months it still makes me a little sad.

We need my salary. I have yet to find something that I like as much with better hours and the same pay. I love my job but at times like this I really wish we could afford for me to do something different. Something 8:30 - 3:30ish perhaps??

2 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

It is S.A.D. -I am feeling it too! Realize that you do need your job in order to keep up the lifestyle you are living or downsize and do something different. Change is Hard. Also- yousaid yourself that Zack sleeps A lot right now at home. So work more hours during the week and less on teh weekends during tax season - is that possible?

OMH said...

OR....win the lottery and stay home! I'm in Florida where days get shorter - but not as short as other places...does that make sense and I get the S.A.D. also.

May TAX season fly by quickly and Zack grow slowly during that time!